Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally!

Alright, so here we go. It's day three and I'm just now able to post my first blog. There was no wi-fi at the airport(unless I wanted to pay for it, and those of you that know me well can guess how that went), there was none on either of my flights and I was busy the whole time in Cali. I figured once I got here I could find it a little easier but I was wrong (enjoy it doesn't happen often). Everyone has been amazing! Ben, Amber, Brook and her family have welcomed me with open arms. I've been here a little over two days and already feel like I've known them for years. I don't have a job or a place to live yet(I'll be looking into that this evening so keep your fingers crossed) so I've just been hanging out with Amber at the college and sitting in on classes. It's been awesome, these people are more on fire for God than anyone I've ever met. I knew coming out here would be a great experience but I didn't realize that it would probably be the best experience of my life as far as my walk with God. The yesterday, while sitting in on a class, we broke into groups and studied in Isaiah. As I sat there at a table with one guy from Germany and one guy from Brazil I thought, "man I never would have gotten a chance like this in Harrison". Just about everyone I've talked to, after discovering that I'm just visiting, has asked if I'll be attending the college next semester and telling me the more I stick around, the less I'll want to leave. Well, who knows, coming to school here may be something God has in store for me. At this point staying indefinitely still looks out of the picture, but I've learned not to make plans, God has a way of messing those up (in the best way possible). I haven't really gotten many pictures, but I haven't really been anywhere that cool yet. We may try to hit the beach tomorrow. Yesterday was the first day of winter and today is slightly cloudy with a little bit of rain and about 60+, so I think I'll be able to handle the beach. Hopefully I'll post some pictures on here or on facebook in the next couple days. Anywho, I'll try to keep everyone updated on here as much as possible. See ya!

P.S.- I know, I use, way, to many, commas, and have terrible, grammer and probably, use tons of, run-on and fragment, sentences, but cut me, some, slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment